SET UP TO LIMIT THE GROUPS FOR PROCESSING
- Did you know that you can prevent Agents from processing against a specific (Or multiple) group of customers?
Administration >> Agent Administration >> Agent
On the agent profile, the Administrator can remove one or multiple customer groups that the agent may not access. The Agent will then only be able to add, edit, review and allocate against the customers linked to the customer groups he/she has access to.
It will also limit the Agent to only processes against customers linked to the customer groups he/she has access to in the Order entry module (Sales order), Inventory module (Credit note), Account receivable module (Account receivable batches), Job costing module (Job Cards), General Ledger modules (Cashbook), Point of Sales and Annuity billing.
If the “Include Customer without groups” is activated the user will also be able to access and process against customer without the group field specified.
The Administrator can also decide if the Agent accessible groups rules must apply to the Account Receivable Enquiries and Reports.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE VERIFICATION
- Did you know that you need to verify if you Customer Age Analysis balance is the same as your Trail Balance, Customer control account balance at month end?
If any difference is found the following may be the cause:
- Transaction processed directly to the Customer Control Account. This may be caused by a journal processed directly to the customer control account, Cashbook transaction processed directly to the control account or an Agent selecting the control account on a Sales order/Account receivable batch.
(Enquiries >> General Ledger>> Ledger Enquiries)
This can be prevented by deactivating the Allow Journals tick box on the Customer control account (or accounts) - (Maintenance >> General Ledger>> Accounts – Edit Customer Control Account)
If any transactions are found the transactions must be reversed in the same period.
- Customers allocations were not saved properly. To verify if the allocation may be the cause of the problem, run the Age Analysis as you would normally and compare it to an Age Analysis with same selections as previously but activate the “Allocate Unallocated Credits to Oldest” tick box
(Reports>> Account Receivables>> Age Analysis)
If the report balance (Total) is different, the agent must compare each customers balance to determine the customers allocation that causes the issue.
The Customer Transaction must then be unallocated and reallocated to resolve the issue.
- The Account Receivable Transaction code, Customer Groups, Inventory Transactions code must also be reviewed to verify that it is setup correctly (Affect the Customer control account correctly and that the correct Customer control account is selected)
(Maintenance >> Account Receivables >> Transaction Types)
(Maintenance >> Account Receivables >> Group)
(Maintenance >> Inventory >> Transaction Types)
CHANGING HEADER INFORMATION
- Did you know that you can change the header information of a Sales Order Invoice/Credit Note that has been processed?
(Administration >> Utilities >> Source Documents)
The following can be changed on the Sales order invoice/Credit note that has been processed
- Sales Rep
- Delivery Method
- Line Note
- Numbers (External order number)
- Settlement Terms
- Tax number
- User Defined Fields